9.07.2010

a new beginning.

i dont mark beginnings by the new year, but by important events.
i know that moving flats might not seem like a big deal to most people, but for me, right now, it feels like one.
like its marking something new.
something different.

i feel like i finally have something that's kind of my own.
i can make what i want of it.
i can create something beautiful.
and that makes me excited.

ive realized that although i might be able to adapt to change, i don't do a very good job at embracing and fully enjoying new things.
i don't do a good job at really submersing myself into things, and allowing them to sink in and fully effect me.

i've almost cut myself off from those types of experiences in some ways...
and im not sure exactly why or how that happened.

i made a picture wall last night with wendy.
i LOVE looking at it.
it reminds me of my travels.
of the cultures and the places and the people i have been blessed to have encountered.
it contains all the things i love

trees.birds.buildings.sunshine.dulled color.melancholy.romance.

i relish good conversations with great friends.
i need more in my life.

so for now, my hope is that i will EMBRACE life.
that i will accept the things that come wholeheartedly.
that i will LOVE deeply and richly.
that i will BE with people.
that i will KNOW Christ.

No comments: